It’s likely the largest slip-and-slide you’ll ever see.
Basically, there’s a giant tarp put down (on a hill if possible) and it’s continually sprayed with water by the fire department. It’s a local summer favorite.
Sponsored by the Kokomo Parks and Recreation Department, Spray Days cater to elementary and early middle school children, though anyone is welcome to come out and play.
The free activity is part of the parks department’s Recreation Adventure Program and are held throughout the summer at different park locations.
Water Sprays 2018
(All events will be 1 to 3 p.m.)
• Wednesday, June 6: Mohr Park
• Tuesday, June 12: Bon Air Park
• Thursday, June 14: Jackson Morrow Park (Webster Street side)
• Thursday, June 21: Studebaker Park
• Wednesday, June 27: Highland Park
• Wednesday, July 11: Darrough Chapel Park
• Wednesday, July 18: Lafayette Park School
• Wednesday, July 25: Foster Park