It’s likely the largest slip-and-slide you’ll ever see.
Basically, there’s a giant tarp put down (on a hill if possible) and it’s continually sprayed with water by the fire department. It’s a local summer favorite.
Sponsored by the Kokomo Parks and Recreation Department, Spray Days cater to elementary and early middle school children, though anyone is welcome to come out and play.
The free activity is part of the parks department’s Recreation Adventure Program and are held throughout the summer at different park locations.
Water Sprays 2019
(All events will be 1 to 3 p.m.)
- Wednesday, June 12: Mohr Park
- Tuesday, June 18: Bon Air Park
- Thursday, June 20: Jackson Morrow Park
- Thursday, June 27: Highland Park
- Wednesday, July 3: Lafayette Park School
- Thursday, July 11: Gateway Park
- Wednesday, July 17: Darrough Chapel Park
- Wednesday, July 24: Foster Park