Don’t let the cold weather keep you from exploring Kokomo. Check out these locations for indoor fun this winter!
1. Do the kids (or adults!) need to let out some built-up energy? Let them jump and play at Gravity Trampoline Park. This indoor 18,000-square-foot trampoline park is located in the Markland Mall with trampolines, climbing walls, and a parent’s lounge.
2. Enjoy a game (or two) of bowling with friends or family. Heritage Lanes offers 32 bowling lanes, sports pub & grill, arcade and cosmic bowling on Friday nights.
3. Kids will love the 3,500 square feet indoor play space at Sweet Peas Play Cafe, with areas for children 0 – 6+. The play areas specialize in the opportunity for fine and gross motor skill development and imaginative play while featuring high-quality, fun toys mixed with creative, hands-on activities for your child. Not to mention there’s also a coffee shop inside for adults!
4. Immerse yourself in the life of inventor and former Kokomo resident, Elwood Haynes. Visit the Elwood Haynes Museum, Haynes’ former home in Kokomo, to learn about the inventor of the early automobile, stainless steel, the super hard alloy Stellite, among others. See a 1905 Haynes car on display in the museum.
5. Sign up for a DIY art project – fun for all ages. Check out Fired Arts Studio to paint your own pottery or join a canvas painting class at the Palette Room at Solstice Art Gallery.
For more ideas, visit our website.