Don’t let the cold weather keep you from exploring Kokomo. Check out these locations for indoor fun this winter!
1. Do the kids (or adults!) need to let out some built-up energy? Let them jump and play at Gravity Trampoline Park. This indoor 18,000-square-foot trampoline park is located in the Markland Mall with trampolines, climbing walls, and a parent’s lounge.
2. Enjoy a game (or two) of bowling with friends or family. Newly renovated, Heritage Lanes offers 32 bowling lanes, sports pub & grill, arcade and cosmic bowling on Friday nights.
3. Immerse yourself in the life of American inventor and former Kokomo resident, Elwood Haynes. Visit the Elwood Haynes Museum, Haynes’ former home, to learn about the inventor of the early automobile, stainless steel, regulated thermostat, and the super hard alloy Stellite. See a 1905 Haynes car on display in the museum.
4. Sign up for a DIY art project. Choose from a variety of designs and quotes to create your own wooden sign decor at Stain on Main. Check out Fired Arts Studio to paint your own pottery. Or join a canvas painting class at the Palette Room at Solstice Art Gallery.
5. Love chocolate? Don’t miss Chocolate Celebration presented by J. Edwards Gourmet on Friday, Feb. 7, 2020. Local restaurants, bakeries, and organizations will offer delicious chocolate treats at Kokomo’s First Church of the Nazarene from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Arrive early for best selection! Tickets are 3 for $10, and each ticket can be redeemed for a chocolate item of your choice. Admission is free.
For more ideas, visit our website.