There’s never a shortage of fun to be had in downtown Kokomo. Check out all the awesomeness we found happening this week!
- Walk & Talk: Wednesday kicks off an 8-week long downtown walking program! A partnership of the Greater Kokomo Downtown Association and Purdue Extension of Howard County, the first walk will be Wednesday. Meet other walkers at noon at the Rain Garden Plaza at Main and Mulberry streets. You’ll return at 1 p.m. or you can duck out anytime you need to go. Sign up here: https://www.volunteersignup.org/Q9JRT
- Super Mario Kart Tourney: The Coterie is kicking off its summer specials this week with a Super Mario Kart Tourney. There’s no cost to play, but you gotta pay for your beer. They’ll be giving away swag to the top times and winners of races. They’ll be playing from 5 to 11 p.m., but say you should get there early to sign up and be guaranteed a spot in the tourney. Second floor of 107 W. Sycamore St.
- Bloom, a floral art display: The Studio will be in full bloom on Saturday from 2 to 7 p.m. The floral artwork extravaganza will include several floral-theme paintings for sale, animal tots, dreamcatchers and paper flowers. Maybe drop in with mom and enjoy artist Leah Merrix’s work together. 210 N. Buckeye St.
- Kokomo Farmers Market: You know what Saturday means … Kokomo Farmers’ Market! Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the corner of Mulberry and Washington streets you’ll find all sorts of homemade goodies and fresh food straight from the farm.
- Super-Duper Queer! Art exhibit: Drop in the Indiana University Kokomo Downtown Gallery for a juried exhibition featuring select Midwestern LGBTQI+ artists by the curatorial team of Zachary Carlisle Davidson, Mary Ade and Emma Gabel. You can see the new show in the gallery’s new space from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Wednesday to Saturday until May 25. 102 N. Main St.
- Euchre tournament: Prizes will be won and beers will be drank! Join the fun at Tin Man Brewing starting at 7 p.m. Wednesday for their monthly Euchre tournament. No need to register and there’s no buy-in. 500 N. Buckeye St.
- Dine, Discuss and Design — Celebrating our Success in STEAM: Are you interested in making food or better health in our community? Maybe you are interested in making places people want to live? Then join SHAK Makerspace and the BLK SHP tour from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday at Bind Café. Tickets are $25, which includes a buffet dinner and desert. All the money goes to SHAK Makerspace. Sign up here: http://bit.ly/STEAMDinner
What did we miss? Tell us in the comments below!