There’s always something happening in downtown Kokomo, and this week by far is no exception. Here’s what’s going on:
• Get ready to rock this weekend as WeberFest takes over Foster Park on Saturday. Headliner is Son Volt, an American alternative country band. Presented by Weber Speakers, the show will also feature opening acts Song Syndrome from Nebraska and Black Radio from Maryland. This is part of the Kokomo Summer Concert Series so it’s free! Event is 7 to 11 p.m.
• You can also get your live music fix this weekend at The Coterie. On Friday, from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., the upscale bar will host Pale Giants with opening act Mitchell White. There’s no cover, but there will be drink specials. Then on Saturday, from 1 to 3 a.m., catch Bullhive during “a very unofficial” WeberFest after-party. Second floor of 107 W. Sycamore St.
• Get your summer sweat on in Foster Park on Wednesday with the Kokomo Family YMCA‘s Workout Wednesdays. This week you can partake in yoga and boot camp starting at 6 p.m. at the stage.
• If you haven’t seen the Banksy on display at the Kokomo-Howard County Public Library, what on earth are you waiting for? While you’re downtown this weekend, stop in at the library and take a gander. It’s on display during library hours and you’ll find tons of details here: http://bit.ly/2srq2zm
• While you’re at the library, check out the Visiting Artist Exhibit featuring Sam Prifogle. Also available during library hours, his work is on display in the lower level gallery. Hint: You know his work. He created that cool James Dean piece you’ve seen in Artist Alley.
• You could just make it an artsy week and take in the Indiana University Kokomo Union Street Gallery‘s Shak Maker Space Exhibition. Get the details here: http://bit.ly/2wEwwwy
• You have two chances to pick up some very fresh goodies at the Kokomo Farmers’ Market: Wednesday from 4 to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Corner of Mulberry and Washington streets.